October 28, 2008

This week's recipes

Boy, I thought the first half of this week would be a breeze. So far it hasn't been! Man is time getting away from me right now.
For now, here's this week's recipes from my menu. Not that I'll actually get around to fixing and eating this week's recipes at the rate this week is going. lol.

Apple Quesadillas
I stole this from allrecipes.com after a friend told me about this. So yummy. Unless you're my DH who says apples shouldn't be in these, so I leave apples out of his half. I also have a quesadilla maker thingy (wedding gift), so I make 3 large quesadillas from this recipe in my maker.....so feeds 3 HUNGRY adults or 2 hungry adults get dinner and lunch the next day. lol.

Chicken Parmesan
This is the recipe I follow for chicken parmesan. It's so quick and easy that I doubt if I'll change what I do anytime soon. I don't mind making this during the week after working.

Tomato and Sausage Spinach Pasta Toss
This is the recipe from kraftfoods.com. They've actually changed the recipe up slightly since I first ran across this. lol. There wasn't anything wrong with it in the first place, so I don't get that. Anyways, I use 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage, 1/2 package of pasta, 1 package of baby spinach, 1 can of diced tomatoes no salt added, and Italian seasoning to taste. We top with whatever white cheese we happen to have handy. I've doubed this recipe without any issues before and doubed it fed 5 grown adults. It's a quick but very yummy recipe.

Smoked sausage - well, I'm just browning smoked sausage cause DH likes it. Easy meal.

Grilled chicken breasts - Since it's just the two of us, we bought a George Forman grill. It's perfect for cooking two chicken breasts. We'll usually eat this as a sandwich using my homemade whole wheat bread. You could just as easily grill it or just bake it in the oven.

And despite my issues with making chicken noodle soup, it's wonderful to eat. Usually I'll only use half of my chicken and half of my broth for the soup. This time I used it all. So DH, my coworker, and I are all eating chicken noodle soup for lunch...this whole entire week. lol. It is fairly healthy at least, and I don't have to worry about packing lunches. :)

No comments: