October 25, 2008

One of those weeks....

You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones where you wonder if it's ever going to end. It's Friday and I'm still wondering if it'll end! 
So this week it's been a lot of easy meals or well non  meals. I started off sticking to my menu....and well, that went downhill kinda fast. Sometimes it just happens. Things come up. Just means that I've adjusted my following menu to reflect the products that I still have on hand. 
Let's see. DH and I did eat hamburgers Monday night (that we grilled on Sunday night) with the Knorr side with veggies. Well, we tried it. Didn't like it. I'd rather just fix my own veggies on the side and fix my own pasta side. And not combine the two. Now we know!
We did have hamburger helper - tuesday night. I don't actually like those helper things, but there was a coupon and GREAT sale going on a month ago so I bought a few to use for nights when I might have to make DH cook. He can't cook much, but he can manage a helper meal.
We had frozen pizza on Wednesday night. Or rather DH had frozen pizza fresh from the oven and I had cold pizza a couple of hours later. More on that later.
Thursday night I said forget it to the world. KFC just opened up down the street last week. They have coupons on their website. I made DH go to KFC and buy an 8 piece meal for dinner. DH had leftovers for lunch today. I had the rest of the leftovers for dinner tonight. Speaking of which, DH was stuck on base till 8pm today so he ate dinner on base. 
I spent my night (and Wednesday night) shopping. All the fun is taken out of shopping when you discover the UGLY dresses and shoes they've put out this year. I think the fashion industry has hit new lows. What's with all the 80s reject dresses?! DH and I are celebrating our anniversary next weekend, and I've been trying for awhile to find a new cute dress. I settled (kinda) on a brown dress from the dress barn of all places. I feel in love with a dress from JC Penny. Too bad they don't have it in my size in the store. Or rather in my size and not ripped in the back. Their shipping online is OUTRAGEOUS, so I've (kinda) settled for a brown dress. Too bad no body sells brown shoes anymore. I ordered a cute pair of red shoes that should look nice. Knowing my luck they won't come in on time. It's just been one of those weeks. 

No comments: