December 27, 2009

Potato Casserole

1 (1 lb) bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
½ cup melted butter
1 tablespoon of salt
½ tablespoon of pepper
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz) sour cream
1 (8 or 10oz) package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup of chopped onion (optional)
2 cups crushed corn flakes
¼ cup melted butter
Mix first 8 ingredients together and pour into buttered casserole pan.
Top with corn flake crumbs mixed with butter.
Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

*********
Often I can't find 16oz of potatoes, but I just buy the smallest bag I can and use it all. I don't add extra ingredients unless it's a really big bag. You can also make this without the corn flake topping. I don't keep corn flakes around the house, so I usually leave it off because I don't want to spend money on a box of cereal that's not going to be eaten!

No comments: