May 19, 2009

Apple Pie

This is a basic, plain apple pie. No weird things (don't dare put raisons or nuts in my apple pie!). Just basic goodness. I've tried 4 different recipes over the past two years and this one is by far the easiest that turns out just how a basic apple pie should! Love it!


Apple Pie

Ingredients
2 pie crusts (store bought or make your own - personally I've done homemade and I have zero issues going out and buying them. It's easier. lol.)
6 cups thinly sliced, peeled cooking apples (about 2 1/4 pounds)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions
1. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice. In a large mixing bowl stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add apple slices. Gently toss till coated.
2. Transfer apple mixture to a pastry-lined pie plate. Trim pasty to edge of pie plate. Cut slits in remaining pastry; place on filling and seal. Crimp edge.
3. To prevent over browning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake in 375* oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or till top is golden. Cool on wire rack.

Print Page

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I have a delicious recipe that is similar to this one. The only thing that might be different is my recipe adds vanilla. I need to make it soon, it's so good! (I can send you the recipe if you would like to compare.)