April 27, 2010

Spicy Roasted Chicken Legs

Well, my version that we happen to love!

Chicken drumsticks (however many you want)
Olive oil
Sriracha hot chili sauce  (find it in your grocer's international food area)
Dry seasoning(s) of your choice (I used garlic and wine seasoning this time)
Gallon sized ziplock bag

Amounts are going to vary depending on taste and how many drumsticks you're cooking. Don't skimp on the oil since that helps so much in browning. I added the oil, hot chili sauce, and seasoning to the ziplock bag. Mixed well. Then I added the chicken and kept mixing till all was coated well. And since I don't like chicken skin period, I took all the skin off the meaty part before adding it to the ziplock bag. 

Cook on a baking rack on a sheet pan at 400-450* for about 30-45 minutes. If you don't have a baking rack, just turn them over halfway. Use a meat thermometer to ensure it's cooked all the way through. When I cooked these I also baked artisan bread in the same oven, so I had the chicken in at 450* for 30 minutes. Excellent!

No comments: