October 06, 2009

Pumpkin and Lasagna Florentine

1) I attempted making my own pumpkin puree. To say that it was frustrating is an understatement. Asked on a forum for help. Will attempt again. Till then, I'm not about to share any knowledge. lol.

2) Had the Lasagna Florentine tonight. It's not great, but it's not bad either. DH said it was too spinach-y. Remember he hates spinach; he just puts up with my love for it. I didn't find it great either, but it was edible. Good idea for using up that box that was in the back of the pantry. I'm sure it would be better if it didn't use Hamburger Helper which has never been known for it's great taste. ;)

***PUMPKIN UPDATE 10/15***
I am happy to announce that I was able to make my own pumpkin puree without hassle last weekend. While I was at home visiting family, I gave it another try. This time I cut it up and threw it in a crockpot (no extra water or anything). I put the crockpot on high and forgot about it for awhile. Once I remembered it, I checked on it. When it was tender with a fork, I took it out to cool. The skin came off A LOT easier. I won't say that it's a task done in a minute or two, but I certainly didn't feel like killing anybody. Major step up! I used a processor to puree it. The results made for some wonderful pumpkin muffins (followed pumpkin bread recipe), pumpkin pancakes, and pumpkin pie. Score! :)

No comments: