March 29, 2009

New Recipes

So I'm trying out several new recipes this current menu. DH surprised me with a Nindendo DS a couple of weeks ago, and I bought myself a copy of Personal Trainer Cooking. I'm really enjoying this program because it's making me WANT to try out recipes that I used to think were beyond me. I make a couple of want to be Chinese and Japanese foods already, but until I started exploring this program I didn't realize that I too could cook more Asian food favorites....not to mention foods that I never even dreamed of! Today was a lot of fun because I used the PTC to make corn soup (one of my favorites whenever we eat Chinese), boiled dumplings, and lemon chicken. DH and I both LOVED the lemon chicken. The real key is the lemon sauce which I will post. Throw it over fried chicken (no thick batters though) or even baked chicken. It's excellent!
Other recipes that I'm going to try from the PTC are Turkish stuffed peppers (wanted something a bit different than my usual stuffed peppers which I'm not so fond of), Bruchetta, fried Risotto balls, and parmesan Risotto. I think my next recipe will have me making some German meatballs and au gratin potatoes from scratch! There are some more I want to try, but DH has gotten ahold of the game and told me "no" on some. So I'll have to sneak them in my menu. ;)

Lemon Chicken Sauce
*for about 1 lb of chicken.

7 1/2 tbsps sugar
8 tbsps lemon juice
4 tbspns rice vinegar
6 tbsps water
2 tsps potato starch (can use corn starch as a substitute)

Mix the ingredients together, leaving the potato starch for last.
Place mixture into a frying pan over medium heat. Stir until sauce thickens, then remove from heat. Pour over cooked chicken when serving.

No comments: