March 29, 2009

Applesauce Pancakes

I'm really not obsessed by applesauce, but for some reason applesauce seems to make certain recipes all so much better. Applesauce pancakes are my FAVORITE pancakes ever. How did I forget to post this recipe?! It doesn't have an apple flavor IMO, but if you love apples like me chop up a small to medium apple (my favorite is granny smith, I usually have them on hand) and add it to the batter before cooking.

Applesauce Pancakes
Ingredients
· 1 ½ cups flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 ½ teaspoons salt
· 1 tablespoon sugar
· ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
· 2 eggs
· 1 tablespoon oil
· 1 cup milk
· 1 cup applesauce
Directions
Preheat a griddle or frying pan at medium-high heat. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Beat in the eggs, oil, milk and applesauce to form a smooth batter. Lightly grease the skillet with butter or cooking spray. Pour batter onto skillet. Turn when bubbles start to form on top of pancake and bottom is browned. 

Serve with butter and maple syrup or top with warmed applesauce, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dollop of sour cream.
Makes 12-14 pancakes.


Print Page

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you freeze these, how do you defrost them?

Mrs Sea Monster said...

You can use them just like you would processed frozen pancakes - microwave them or put them in a toaster oven. :)

Anonymous said...

I hate to be this person but these pancakes did not work out at all. I followed the recipe and they looked alright but once you cut it up they were complete mush on the inside. I tried different temps, waiting for bubbles but the consistency in the middle was the same. Maybe this is normal I don't know. Wish it would've worked ...