Baked Potato Soup
Best potato soup ever! You can’t miss with this great recipe. Serves 6.
· 12 slices bacon
· 2/3 cup margarine or butter
· 2/3 cup all purpose flour
· 7 cups milk
· 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed (cooked!)
· 4 green onions, chopped
· ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
· 1 cup sour cream
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon pepper
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, set aside.
2. In a stock pot or dutch oven, melt margarine or butter over medium heat. Wish in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
3. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour crème, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
Use bacon bits to save time from cooking the bacon! For potatoes without baking, peel and cube, and cook separately in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain before potatoes are fully cooked.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (I've tried many different recipes and none have ever come close to the original Nestle Tollhouse. So just stick with the package - no need to get fancy dancey.)