March 19, 2012

Chip Chicken Nuggets

Definitely not my normal type of recipe, but while we continue to unpack I'm still piecing together meals with what we have. Recently my husband brought home a bag of jalapeño chips, one of my few weaknesses. Rather than devour the whole bag in one sitting, I set some aside to make some crispy chicken nuggets. These were delicious I have to admit. I also went simple with the recipe, which means I didn't use any measuring.

Chicken breasts
Milk
Bread crumbs or toasted bread
Chips (something with flavor - I used jalapeño and I bet BBQ would be excellent too)

Cut chicken breasts into nuggets sizes. I used 1.5 breasts which was more than enough for 2 adults and one toddler. Place in a bowl and cover with milk.
Crush chips finely and mix with bread crumbs (or give toasted bread a spin in a food processor). I used two large handfuls of chips and two slices of toasted somewhat stale bread. Place mixture in a second bowl. When in doubt start with equal amounts of chips and bread crumbs. Remember you can always add more to your bowl if you run out!

 One at a time, place chicken nuggets in the chip and breadcrumb mixture. Make sure all sides are coated. Placed on a wire baking rack over a cookie sheet.

Bake at 425* for 10-15 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes.
Beautiful. Crisp. Easy. Tasty.

If you don't have a wire rack I'd place nuggets on a greased cookie sheet and flip halfway through the baking time. 

For those that aren't so thrilled with my chip chicken nuggets, don't worry I'm still working on perfecting a baked veggie nugget recipe. ;)

2 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

They look fantastic! Megan

Ashlee said...

I think I might have to make those on a school night for mother. She might be nice to me that week. Or tomorrow.