December 02, 2011

What's Left in the Fridge Quesadillas

We're moving soon. I know everyone is very envious. ;) Part of our goal this week is to eat up as much perishable food as we can. Tonight I decided to get sneaky and see if I can't do this while getting my starting to become picky toddler to eat foods that he used to like. He does like cheese quesadillas, but has decided that he no longer like spinach, tomatoes, and carrots. He's never been a big fan of chicken. Of course what's left in the fridge right now? Part of a bag of spinach, cheeses, salsa, and diced carrots. I pulled out a frozen chicken breast this morning and started formulating a unique for us quesadilla.

No real recipe since it was throw what I found in a bowl and put it between two whole wheat tortillas. ;) I combined in a bowl the diced carrots, what was left of our parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese, minced garlic, spinach broken into small pieces, a couple of tablespoons from the bottom of the salsa jar, and diced chicken (I did dice it as small as I could after I poached it).
Before I added the chicken.

Squish is currently 13 months old. He is a full up walker. He sits at the table with us, using the bumbo to give him that bit of extra height he needs. He currently has 6 teeth, 4 on top and 2 on bottom.

Oooo....I like quesadillas! (as mom snickers)

Happy Squish!

Showing off his empty plate!

For once my sneakiness worked (of course the healthy dose of cheese helped)! Who knows if he'll fall for this again, but I'll definitely give it a try in the future. Tonight marks the first vegetables other than sweet potato fries I've been able to get him to eat all week! And best yet, my fridge is a bit more empty. YAY!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Sometimes being sneaky is a must. H picks his food apart and takes out whatever he doesn't like or doesn't think he will like.