August 28, 2009

Waffles - My favorite recipe!

Ingredients


· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 4 teaspoons baking powder
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1 ½ cups milk
· 6 tablespoons oil
· 2 eggs, separated


Directions
1. Preheat waffle iron. In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, oil, and egg yolks until mixture is smooth. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden; serve hot.
Spice up this recipe by adding a little vanilla and/or cinnamon!

2 comments:

Peasblog said...

you rock, I have never made waffles where i had to beat the whites of eggs because I am so lazy... *hides*

the Provident Woman said...

I make waffles at least once a week. I'll have to try this recipe.