August 29, 2011

Banana Oat Cookies

I always feel really bad when I'm eating my granola bars in front of DS. He's 9 months currently and ALWAYS wants to eat exactly what I'm eating, but honey is on our no-no list for now (and I don't feed him raisins either). Well, here's a recipe that's great for my son that I found to be rather tasty for myself. I'll keep making my granola bars, but when DS is around I'll break these cookies out instead!


(adapted from Oats and Naner Drops recipe found on wholesomebabyfood.com)

1 cup quick oats

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 cup brown sugar (can easily leave this out if making these for babies/toddlers)
1 cup (about 2) overripe bananas, mashed

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 Tablespoons oil of choice





Mix dry together. In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients together. Add the wet to dry ingredients. Drop by the spoonful onto parchment paper or greased baking sheet. 
Bake 12-15 min at 350.
Yields about 20 cookies.

No comments: