February 11, 2009

Recipes leading up to V-Day

Went commissary shopping Sunday. I didn't have many coupons this time around, but I managed to only spend $112. I will have to go back out for spinach and Ramona cheese - they were out! When we get back from being out of town, we'll have to pick up milk and some fruit for the week. Otherwise, we're set for 3 weeks! Yay! lol.

 Sunday night we grilled out kabobs with chicken, onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. I marinated it all in zesty Italian dressing, and it was the yummiest ever! I also baked homemade fries in the oven. Also easy, and extremely tasty. 

We had chicken taco salads tonight. I threw two large chicken breasts in the crockpot along with a can of diced tomatoes (no salt added), homemade taco seasoning, and a can of diced chilies. Very yummy and spicy! There was enough for two large salads and two more lunch sized helpings. 



Just a note. While I post kraftfoods.com recipes, I often just loosely follow it. A lot of their recipes are easy and basic. It doesn't take much to make it healthier or to change it a bit. I don't really have my own adapted recipes of many of these such recipes cause I tend to do something slightly different each time depending on what I have available. 

Baked Fudge - I'm hoping this will satisfy my chocolate craving. :D I'm also debating picking up some strawberries to dip in chocolate - they're on sale at my local grocery! 

To Die For Fettuccine Alfredo - using this for the sauce. One of our favorites, though we rarely eat it. I love making my own pasta when I have the time, so I'll be making spinach pasta! Yummy!

Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients

·      1 ½ teaspoons baking powder

·      ½ teaspoon salt

·      1 cup milk

·      2 eggs, beaten

·      ½ cup applesauce

·      ½ cup brown sugar

·      vanilla yogurt, for topping 

Directions

      Preheat oven to 325*F. In a large bowl combine the oatmeal, baking powder, and salt. Mix in milk, eggs, applesauce, and brown sugar. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake at 325* for 45 minutes. Serve warm or hot, topping each with vanilla yogurt.

No comments: