KombatKween’s Chicken Pot Pie
· 6 tablespoons butter
· 6 tablespoons flour
· 2 cups chicken broth
· 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
· 2 cups vegetables (corn, peas, carrots), can use canned with the liquid drained off
· 2 chicken breasts, coked and cubed
· 4 white potatoes, cubed small and cooked
· 2 pie crusts, store bought or homemade
Melt butter in a pot and stir in flour to form a thick paste. Add salt and pepper. Stir in cream and chicken broth. Cook on a simmer until thick.
Add vegetables, potatoes, and chicken. Pour into pie crust, top with the other crust. Polk holes in the top to vent. Cook at 375* for 35-45 minutes.Double the ingredients to make 3 pies or 2 really full ones!