· 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, rinsed and chopped
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 2 eggs
· 1 cup milk
· ½ cup butter, melted
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Place spinach in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer and cook until spinach is limp, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in eggs, milk, and butter. Mix in spinach, onion and mozzarella cheese.
4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated over 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before serving.
These "brownies" freeze well. I just cut them into bars and then freeze. I'll pull out a bar and throw it into a lunch the night before. By the next morning it's defrosted in the fridge. A few seconds in the microwave warms it right up!