September 30, 2009
This is NOT an exciting menu at all. We're going to be out of town for a good chunk of it. I'm excited to be able to see my little sister for her birthday this year! :)
Friday: Squadron Auction Night (making a rum cake for it; note that this isn't the exact recipe I'm using, but it's close)
Saturday Breakfast/Lunch: cereal and fruit
Saturday Dinner: grilled chicken salads
Sunday Breakfast/Lunch: cheese grits
Sunday Dinner: spiced beef kabobs with grilled potatoes and zucchini (did not eat from last menu)
Monday Diner: Lasagna Florentine (Despite not so great reviews, I'm giving this a try so that we can finally eat that old box of hamburger helper from many moons ago. I'll let you know how it goes.)
Out of town 10/6-10/13
Wednesday Dinner: frozen prepared meal (whatever is cheapest of the ones we’ll eat)
Thursday Dinner: Italian Sausage pasta with green beans on the side (Yeah, I'm kinda making this one up based on what's in the pantry already.)
September 25, 2009
September 24, 2009
September 23, 2009
September 17, 2009
from Betty Crocker mobile app
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 2 cups chopped roma (plum) tomatoes (6 to 8 medium)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into slices (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package, using 3-quart saucepan. Wipe out saucepan with paper towel; wipe dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in same saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook bell pepper in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender.
- Stir in tortellini. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
Recipe from King Arthur’s Whole Grain Baking cookbook. Thanks Nates on OHO for sharing!
Recipe from Mike’s Famous, featured on Throwdown with Bobby Flay.
Friday dinner: Chicken and dumplings
Saturday breakfast/lunch: egg in a hole and fruit; leftovers
Saturday dinner: AF Ball
Sunday breakfast/lunch: cereal and fruit; leftover chicken and dumplings
Sunday dinner: Eggplant Parmesan
Monday dinner: Southwest Egg Rolls
Tuesday dinner: Tortellini w/ fresh veggies
Wednesday dinner: Leftover southwest egg rolls
Thursday dinner: waffles and eggs (freeze leftover waffles for later)
Friday dinner: Meatloaf (I'm cutting the recipe in half) and green beans
Saturday breakfast/lunch: whole-wheat carrot cake
Saturday dinner: steak kabobs with zucchini, onions, and potatoes
Sunday breakfast/lunch: fruit and leftover waffles
Sunday dinner: Leftover meatloaf/kabobs
Monday dinner: Southwestern chicken sandwiches (I'm kinda making this up based on a sandwich I had at a restaurant a few weeks ago.)
Tuesday dinner: red beans and rice
Wednesday dinner: Italian Sausage, spinach, and tomato pasta toss
Thursday dinner: Grilled cheese with squash